To lead in a rapidly-changing and diverse world, it is paramount that individuals and organizations harness the power of diversity and inclusion. For a second year in a row, FleishmanHillard supported and sponsored the leading BREAK THE CEILING TOUCH THE SKY conference in Singapore on 29 August 2016. The success and leadership summit for women, featured over 40 inspirational leaders from the world’s best organizations who shared with delegates their best practices for success and leadership.
Attended by 450 male and female leaders, the summit explored topics such as best case studies of leading in a rapidly-changing and diverse world, inspirational leadership to win with millennials, translating intent to action, negotiating skills, managing work-family integration, networking with speed in a virtual world, and many more.
The opening CEO panel featured FleishmanHillard’s very own Regional President & Senior Partner Lynne Anne Davis, who helped kick-start the day’s sessions with the topic The Future of Work and Leadership 2020,with top futurists and CEOs defining the skills and attributes that will be expected of professionals in 2020 and advise on how to best prepare. Other panellists comprised leaders from local, regional and global NGOs, start-ups and MNCs.
At the event, the Singapore team also hosted a booth, where we shared more about our support for the Asian University for Women (AUW). FleishmanHillard provides AUW with ongoing pro-bono support including raising awareness, media relations and event support.
Throughout the day, speakers at each panel session inspired,empowered, and motivated delegates to make a difference in their lives and in turn their workplace. Here are some tips shared by various speakers:
- Find mentors to aspire to. Remember that you do not need to only have one mentor, but you can have a mentor for different aspects in your life.
- Have faith to make the leap.
- Take time for yourself and reflect on your achievements and what you are grateful for.
- Find ways to positively influence others.
- Do it. Get started and get going. Remember that you should not let that little voice in your head talk you out of doing something.
- Paint a vision, concentrate on what you want and work towards that. Don’t hesitate to stand in front of the mirror to talk to yourself, talk yourself through something and tell yourself your vision and strategy.
- Be brave and be confident.
To truly harness the power of diversity, FleishmanHillard aims to provide all employees with equal opportunities and programs that give them development opportunities, diverse professional experiences and access to a great company culture. We are proud that in March this year, FleishmanHillard was named in the National Association for Female Executives’ (NAFE) list of “Top Companies for Female Executives” for the seventh consecutive year.